One of the things which I'm well known for among friends and in-laws is my German Pancakes. But another one of my "masterpieces" is Breakfast Burritos!
Here is how I make those....
- 1 lb Diced Ham
- 1 lb (aprox) of Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausages (the regular sausage – not the breakfast links).
- 1 Jimmy Dean’s Sausage (reduced fat or regular both work well - others should work but I've not tested anything else)
- 1½ to 2 containers of Cherub Tomatoes or other Nature Sweet tomatoes.
- 2 bundles of green onions
- 1 bag of Hash browns (½ lb bag)
- 24-28 eggs with a bit of milk (depending on how many eggs used).
- 3 lb (aprox – to taste) of shredded cheese – usually the Mexi-blend (mixed in after heat turned down to low).
- 1 large volume package of largest flour tortillas available.
Seasonings to flavor:
- Pepper (black, ground)
- Pepper (white, ground, light amount)
- Mrs. Dash (Table Blend)
- Minced Onions
- All Spice (light amount)
- Oregano (light amount)
Break eggs into hand mixer or blender with salt, pepper, minced onions (if used), and Mrs. Dash (if used). If using milk, pour in small amount of milk to eggs and mix in. Do not over-mix (or whip) eggs. Cook scrambled eggs in pan by themselves most of the way. Then combine with below vege/meat mix.
In a separate pan, cook Jimmy Dean Sausage fully first before mixing into below pan.
In another separate larger pan, start slowly cooking up the onions (if used), tomatoes, and Hash Browns/Jimmy Dean Skillets with some oil and seasonings. Once warm, stir in chopped up ham/Aidells Sausages/and cooked Jimmy Dean Sausage and finish cooking.
Combine mostly cooked scrambled eggs from first pan into vege/meat mix and finish cooking together. Continue seasoning to flavor.
Once completely cooked, taste test and add shredded cheese to mix. Fold in slowly until even consistency is achieved.
I usually use the salt and black pepper when cooking up the tomatoes, onions, and hash browns in oil for flavor. I use other seasonings throughout the cooking process to have them absorbed at different times and rates. I will sometimes cook in two Jimmy Dean Breakfast Skillets instead of hash browns. Doing so requires they be cooked in advance of the eggs.
Add the cheese slowly and stir it in slowly as quick movements will fling it about. Add it in to desired flavor and consistency.
Ham, Sausages, Bacon, and other meats can be substituted in and out based upon flavor and tastes desired.
Green Onions can be replaced with Minced Onions to flavor.
Wrap about a cup (give or take a bit) in a large slightly warm flower tortilla.
For instructions on how to roll a burrito, see this Google link.
To store, wrap breakfast burrito in plastic wrap and freeze individually.
Re-heat on high in Microwave for approximately 1.5 minutes on each side (depending on Microwave strength). May need to slice up for easier heating.
Good with South West Salsa or Tabasco Sauce!